Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Update November 22, 2006

Taylor had a tracheotomy and a stomach feeding tube put in this morning. The surgery went very well. They will wait to make sure the stomach tube wound has healed prior to feeding Taylor. It will most likely take a few days for the wound to heal. All of the tubes have now been removed from her face. She seems a lot more comfortable. Tammy should be a good lip reader in a few days!

The attending doctor stopped by today and said that Taylor is making great progress. She is responding to medication and he is very hopeful for her recovery. They have turned down the ventilator pressure, requiring Taylor to assist in breathing.

Russ, the EMT who was at the scene of the accident, came to the hospital today to visit Taylor. He gave Tammy a full account of the accident. Apparently the car spun three full revolutions prior to stopping. When Russ made it to the car, Taylor was not breathing and did not have a pulse. Russ performed CPR to revive Taylor. We are forever grateful to Russ and thank him for making the visit to see Taylor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for Taylor, and I really hope she makes it thru this hard time. I myself was in a car accident back in April, and broke my tib/fib in my right leg, and now I have back problems. I can't imagine what Taylor is going thru, Its very hard to take it all in. I'm 22..and it was very hard for me to take all what happened in my accident in, and make the best of it. Well my prayers are with Taylor and her family. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tammy, Chad & Taylor, We have been thinking about you so much at the Mehan home. We know you are in great care & that you have many friends & family supporting you. We just will not give up hope for you, because you must stll be a fighter. You have to to have hope, if it's for a new breath everyday, or a return to something normal. Kids are so resilient, so don't underestimate them. Our love & blessings. Mick, Kris, Danny & Kelly Mehan

Anonymous said...

Can you post Ross's information? I would like to nominate him for a Red Cross Hero award.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

I am happy to hear of Taylor's progress and give my prayers that she will continue to progress and get better.