Sunday, November 19, 2006

Update, November 19, 2006

Taylor is a lot more alert and awake today. She enjoys seeing familiar faces and has been requesting some of her favorite movies. This morning the doctor's turned down the rate of her ventilator to see if she could breath on her own a bit. She did extremely well. The doctor's will continue to test Taylor's ability to breath on her own. They hope she will be able to breath without assistance from the ventilator soon. If they can remove the breathing tube from her mouth, then hopefully Taylor will be able to talk.

Taylor got a respiratory infection today. The doctor's say that this is common because she has been laying on one position for a long time. With the infection, Taylor also has a fever. The doctor's have put her on antibiotics to fight the infection. Taylor will have a private nurse tonight to monitor the infection.

A lot of friends dropped off pictures and cards today. We put them up on all the windows and it really helps to brightened up Taylor's room. We appreciate all of the thoughts and well wishes!

3 comments:

Mariah Phillips said...

Taylor is in my thoughts and prayers! I'm sending healing light her way.
Love,
Mariah Phillips

Melody said...

Hi, I'm one of Mariah's colleagues.
I'm sorry to hear about Taylor's accident, but so glad you've reached out to the universe for help. It's power always amazes me, and now it's embraced Taylor. I know she feels it and will be comforted by it.

Best Wishes,
Melody Pereira

Evelyn 26.2 said...

Dear Parker family,

I am a friend of Mariah and I wanted to wish Taylor and Tammy a full and speedy recovery. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. She is clearly loved!! Special thanks to the person on the scene who helped save her life.

Sincerely,
Evelyn Myers