Sunday, February 25, 2007

Update February 25, 2007

Taylor moved out of the ICU and into her new room on the third floor on Thursday. She has her own room and bathroom. Her room has nice big windows, and blue & pink walls. Now that Taylor is on the third floor she can have visitors and visitors are not required to wear smocks when they enter her room.

Taylor has a pretty busy schedule every day. The schedule is posted on her wall and begins every morning at 6:00 am. All the kids on the third floor go to school everyday. We hope that Taylor will want to join the other kids in the classroom, but if she doesn't a teacher can come down to Taylor's room.

Taylor has been doing her physical therapy everyday. On Friday she rode her bike for one hour. Taylor's stroller slides right up to the pedals on the bike. The pedals move to turn Taylor's legs just as if she were riding a stationary bike. Her legs receive electrical stimulation at the same time the pedals are moving. The bike is connected to a computer to chart Taylor's muscle function.

Taylor's new favorite movie is Flicka. She loves all of the horses in the movie. She also has a fun horse game on the computer which she really enjoys playing.

Thanks to everyone for your continued love and support!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

We'll have to try Flicka here- thanks for the recommendation Taylor! Grace and Mia love horses, so I bet they will think it is good.
The weather is feeling awfully Springy- I hope your able to get outside,especially right after it rains.
We continue to think about you everyday, my kids wonder how you are and where you are. We send positive thoughts your way all the time. The updates are fabulous thanks for keeping us all informed!
I bet Tanner is so happy to be able to see you in your new room more often now!

Sending a Hey to you Tammy!

judy Fowler said...

Hey Taylor,
You got a new room! Yippee! I understand you can go to school now. How fabulous! I hope you choose to go to school with the other kids. It makes learning so much more fun. You might also meet some nice friends. I bet there is someone there who would like a new friend like you.
Keep working hard. Your house and toys are waiting for you!
We love you,
Judy and Don

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor! This is Xavier. I went to visit you last week, but you were asleep, and we could not stay for long, so we had to leave. I'm sorry I did not get to see you. I really miss you. I'm glad you are getting a new bike. I am still learning to ride my bike, so we learn together.
I went bowling today for the first time and I scored 100. It was really fun. Hopefully we can stop by and see you again one of these days. My family is always thinking about you.

Xavier

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor,

We got to see your mom and Tanner this morning and she said today was your first day of school. That's exciting. I hope you had fun at school. You're making excellent progress with your therapy. We're so proud of you!!

I also got to hear everyone talk about you and your mom on the radio. You're famous! Everyone's rooting for you to keep getting better. Keep up the good work.

Love,
The Van Brocklin's

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor-
Just wanted to say keep up the good work. We're all still praying for you. You're doing great!
Love,
David, Courtney & Emma Adams

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor:

I am so happy for you that you have your own room and bathroom!!! Something as small as your own room must really make a difference for you!!!

Getting up at 6:00AM each morning must be really tough, but please please, keep up the hard work of physical theraphy, it will be worth it!!! You will not have ANY ANY regrets for putting in the long, early hours!!!

We love you and are praying God's best for you.

Brad and Janet Jacobson
Chico, CA